Secrets Finally Exposed About Acne
Acne is a common skin condition that affects most people at some point and can be frustrating to deal with but you may not have realised the following points:
1. Acne is not caused by poor hygiene, excessive washing may make it worse so do not wash more than normal. Use a mild soap and lukewarm water and do not scrub hard on the acne-affected skin, instead use a soft washcloth and fingers.
2. Stress does not cause acne but it can add to the cause – when you are under stress, it increases the body’s production of the stress hormone known as cortisol which can add to the problem.
3. Acne is a skin infection but the cause is a complicated mix of changing hormones, sebum, overgrowth of normally harmless bacteria, inflammation, etc. It is not contagious.
4. You can’t clean off blackheads. The black tip of a blackhead is actually skin pigment and cannot be removed by cleaning or scrubbing.
5. Acne cannot be cured by drinking lots of water but if you don’t drink enough water during the day your skin can become dehydrated and will not shed dead skin cells as effectively as hydrated skin. This can result in clogged pores and an increase in acne.
6. There is no evidence to confirm that sunbathing will help to clear acne.
7. Spots may develop under tight clothes. For example, under headbands, tight bra straps, tight collars, etc. due to increased sweating and friction under tight clothing.
8. Medical treatment usually work well if used correctly. However Some topical acne treatments may dry the skin
Naturally Mediterranean’s Rose Petal Mud Mask for Dry Skin may help. As well as the rose petals and clay forming the basis of the mask it is also rich in Vitamins B and C to help clear the free radicals that can damage the skin; it contains freeze-dried crystalline aloe vera powder which has a soothing, calming effect on the skin and is antibacterial and antiseptic, so it can act against the bacteria and fungi on your skin; and also contains Cosmetic Prebiotic which helps boost the ‘good’ bacteria in the skin in the same way that prebiotic yogurts do in the digestive system.
Sheet Masks – TotalBeauty.com
If you’re into beauty — even if you only dabble — you probably know that most of the hottest trends come courtesy of Korea. From BB creams and cushion compacts to oil cleansers,…. But we’re finally catching up on this side of the globe. The best new sheet masks do everything from kill acne to shrink pores — and they cost … Read more at …..Sheet Masks